Chiromo Environmental Awareness Club (C.E.A.C) is a university club that was founded in early 90’s. It is situated in the school of biological sciences College of Biological and Physical sciences, University of Nairobi. C.E.A.C was founded by a group of students with a common concern and a keen interest in the environment. To date, its membership has grown substantially as its positive impact on the environment is being felt in Chiromo, nationally and globally.
C.E.A.C therefore provides a platform for students to apply the scientific knowledge gained in class towards creation innovative ideas and practical solutions to environmental challenges facing humanity.
To provide a platform in which students can participate in environmental issues through creating awareness, research and development to provide sustainable solutions to environmental problems.
To be a world class environmental organization that inspires appreciation, understanding and mainstreaming of environmental concerns in developmental aspirations of the society.
- To establish individual commitment to the environmental course.
- To grow into an authoritative environmental institution for greater national contribution.
- To cultivate an informed perspective, as a prerequisite for awareness creation.
- To reach out to the greater society, with scientific knowledge.
- To achieve greater involvement in solving specific environmental problems through direct participation.
- To create useful links with relevant bodies for individual and collective gains.
- To develop personal interest in environmental issues for useful debate/ discourse.